YUI3 Panel background shading and position problems

October 24, 2013 § Leave a comment

By default YUI3 assigns yui3-widget-mask class for background shading. To override that we need to change its style properties. Similarly for position of the panel, it can be changed by specifying position property of .yui3-panel class. These are the methods to accomplish this:

 
Y.one(‘.yui3-widget-mask’).setStyle(‘background’,’#fff’); 
Y.one(‘.yui3-panel’).setStyle(‘position’,’fixed’); 
 
Full code is like this:
 
YUI().use(‘panel’, function(Y) {
EX_waitPanel = new Y.Panel( {
srcNode : ‘#plswait’,
width : “240px”,
centered : true,
close : false,
draggable : false,
modal : true,
bodyContent : waitImg,
headerContent : waitMsg
});             
EX_waitPanel.render(document.body);
Y.one(‘.yui3-widget-mask’).setStyle(‘background’,’#fff’); 
Y.one(‘.yui3-panel’).setStyle(‘position’,’fixed’); 

Eclipse – Stop auto jumping to the file in project explorer (disable link with editor)

February 25, 2013 § Leave a comment

When you switch among opened files in eclipse, project explorer moves to the currently active file (in left pane). This can be annoying several times. To disable this just make sure icon with double arrows in Project Explorer (top right of Project explorer – see image below) is not pressed (this is called link with editor feature in eclipse):

linkwitheditor

iFrames, Javascript events and IE problems

September 11, 2012 § Leave a comment

Several hours wasted while debugging this. We have a, HTML page and within this page is a hyperlink to open another page in iFrame. While iFrame page is loaded we display WAIT message overlay on parent page so as to make that inaccessible. So wait message overlay is behind iFrame and above the parent.

iFrame page was loading without any problem in FF, Chrome and IE. Problem happened with event handlers associated with textboxes on iFrame page. We have textboxes on iFrame page and “onchange” event handler is tied to each textbox. In FF and Chrome event handlers were working perfectly. But IE was showing very strange behavior. Onchange event was not fired when value was changed in textbox and focus was removed from it. It was being fired second time when I was bringing focus back into same textbox. That means  IE was confusing onclick with onchange. I tested onblur and it was same problem. Onblur was being fired “onfocus”. 

After spending so much time I finally figured out that problem was because Wait message overlay had “modal=true” set. Although Wait message was being shown behind the iFrame window by browser still this property was interfering with proper event handling by IE. When I changed Modal to false it started to behave as expected.

 

Connection Pool with Tomcat6 and Mysql

May 21, 2012 § 2 Comments

Inside $tomcat_home/conf/context.xml add this inside <Context>

<Resource name=”jdbc/datasourcename” auth=”Container” type=”javax.sql.DataSource” maxActive=”100″ maxIdle=”30″ maxWait=”1000″ username=”dbuser” password=”dbpwd” driverClassName=”com.mysql.jdbc.Driver” url=”jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/exodus”/>

Now restart tomcat

Inside you web.xml add this before </web-app>

<resource-ref>
<description>My DB Connection</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/datasourcename</res-ref-name>
<res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

Java code to connect:

Context initCtx = new InitialContext();

DataSource ds = (DataSource) initCtx.lookup(“java:comp/env/jdbc/datasourcename”);

Connection connection = ds.getConnection();

 

MuleStudio – No option to Create New Mule Project

April 24, 2012 § Leave a comment

I installed MuleStudio community edition on Ubuntu 11.04. MuleStudio was starting but showed no option to create new Mule Project. Since I have multiple versions of JDK installed, so before starting mule studio I was explicitly exporting JAVA_HOME to point to JDK 1.6 in same terminal window from which muleStudio was being started. But it was not making any difference.

After long struggle I finally figured out that Mule was ignoring JAVA_HOME exported on command line. Instead it always went into .bashrc to pick JAVA_HOME defined there (which was pointing to JDK 1.5 in my case). Once I changed JAVA_HOME in .bashrc, everything stated working as expected.

Update on next day…..

I tested again by NOT SETTING JAVA_HOME correctly, but set PATH properly (to point to jdk 1.6 bin). MuleStudio works fine in this case. That means MuleStudio does not look at JAVA_HOME value (at least for starting-up correctly).

But I guess it should go through JAVA_HOME to find JDK executables (like $JAVA_HOME/bin/java instead of direct java or may be there’s a configurable file with Mule to define JAVA_HOME and PATH only for Mule, need to look more)

Windows 7 – Control Startup Programs

March 27, 2012 § Leave a comment

run msconfig and click on startup tab 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.